- Made in italy>
- Research and development
Research and development
The brushes manufactured by Borciani Bonazzi have an ancient, artisan soul, while also representing the modern result of contemporary manufacturing processes and leading-edge research and development.
The excellence of the Borciani Bonazzi artistic brushes is the result of manufacturing processes based on attention to every single detail and constant materials’ research, leading to brush collections with unique features in terms of ergonomics, functionality and artistic results, thus granting satisfaction to the most demanding artists.
The basic ‘ingredients’ ensuring the high quality of Borciani Bonazzi brushes are:
- Hair - natural or synthetic, in uniformly oriented groups so that the points face one direction and the conical bases face the other way.
- Cotton thread - to bind the base of the hair tufts that, along with the metal ferrule, forms the brush head.
- Ferrule - available in various types of metal, conical or cylindrical, that keeps the hair tuft together during use.
- Glue - to hold the hair tuft and secure it to the ferrule.
- Handle - to have a firm hold on the brush head.
The different types of hair – natural or synthetic - allow for a varied range of products, corresponding to the features required by the different types of color or painting technique used by the artist that chooses the Borciani Bonazzi painting tools.
The Borciani Bonazzi production is shifting increasingly towards the use of high-technology and cruelty-free synthetic fibres.
The diminishing availability of valuable natural hair has increased the cost of this raw material, thus prompting technological research to develop a synthetic composition that reproduces the features of natural hair and imitates their elasticity, twisting resistance, capability of absorption.
The evolution of such research has unveiled various fibres or special mixtures, some of which currently covered by patents. Also in this particular context, skill and experience allow to select the most suitable material for each specific purpose, or to obtain desired characteristics using different mixtures of materials.
Along with natural hair brushes - sable, vair, ox-hair and bristle - Borciani Bonazzi offers different types of synthetic fibres, that are listed in the catalogue in ranking order by thread “firmness”:
- “Extra gold” refers to a particularly soft, elastic fibre, designed where lightness of texture and softness of a pictorial touch should not be affected by an excess of elasticity or hardness.
- The "gold" fibre features an intermediate softness, hence offering higher versatility.
- The "dark red-violet" fibre is more tenacious and more suitable for rough surfaces or with very dense colours.
- The “white” and “brown” fibres are used for school and hobby activities.